Accommodation is provided with the understanding that the resident
student will strictly abide by the Rules & Regulations; currently
in force or as may be enforced from time to time. Accommodation
cannot be claimed as a matter of right. The Omkara Administration
may refuse accommodation to any student who is known to have
grossly violated Rules or whose presence is likely to disturb the
peace and tranquility of accommodation. Violation of accommodation
rules will make the student liable to disciplinary action including
permanent expulsion from the accommodation house. Students must
remember that this hostel is their second home away from home and
therefore, she should behave on the campus as well as outside in
such a manner as to bring credit to her and to the Institution. A
student once admitted in Omkara1, will continue to be an inmate
throughout the year unless otherwise debarred from the house on
disciplinary grounds and she will have to pay the room rent for the
whole academic year. Every student must be acquainted with all the
Rules and Regulations of accommodation. She must observe them
strictly. Ignorance of rules will not be considered as an excuse.
- Every student should stay in the room allotted to her.
Mutual exchange of rooms after final allotment is not allowed.
However, only the Chief Warden / Administrator may allow as a
special case on valid and reasonable grounds. Violation of this
rule will be considered as an act of gross misconduct and entail
appropriate disciplinary action including expulsion from
accommodation house and imposition of heavy fine.
- Boarders must look up the Notice Boards regularly. The
Warden / Administration Team Member or any authorized member of
the Hostel staff can inspect the room of any student at any time.
Hostel inmates are supposed to keep any valid ID Proof with them
and must present the same to any hostel authority whenever asked
- No Boarders should see the Director for ordinary matters.
Administrator / In-charge of Omkara1 accommodation is the right
person for such matters. In next step they can approach to the
- All cases of illness should be reported to the
Administrator / Warden / In-Charge of Omkara1 immediately.
- No student should keep any fire-arms, lethal weapons,
poisonous substances or intoxicants of any kind within Omkara1
premises. Students must not take law into their own hands, but
must report all disputes to Omkara1 Administrator / Warden /
In-Charge. All kinds of shouting, fighting, gambling, stealing,
violent knocking, maltreating or abusing are strictly prohibited.
In such cases offender will be handed over to Police immediately.
- The boarder shall have to vacate accommodation as and when
asked for. All the boarders shall vacate Omkara1 rooms before they
leave for the summer vacation so that annual maintenance can be
carried out. It is the duty of the student to ensure that all
Omkara1 articles issued to them at the time of admission are
returned to the caretaker before they leave their rooms. They will
be held responsible for any loss, which shall be recovered from
- No boarder is allowed to engage a private servant or pet
animals within Omkara1 premises.
- Students shall not remain absent from their Omkara1
accommodations during night without the prior permission of the
Administrator / Warden / In-Charge.
- The students shall not leave the campus without prior
permission of the Administrator / Warden / In- Charge. They shall
have to apply in prescribed form in advance stating the reason for
leaving and the address of destination. The students who leave the
campus without the permission from the concerned authority shall
be deemed to be missing and Parents / Guardian / Police
Authorities may be intimated in consultation with the Director.
- The inmates will not leave the premises on holidays for
the purpose of excursion or picnic. Prior permission of the
Administrator / Warden / In-Charge has to be obtained for going
for any such purposes. However for any eventuality that may occur
during picnic / excursion, the responsibility does not lie with
- The inmates are supposed to take care of their health
themselves. Student suffering from infectious disease has to leave
for proper medical treatment to suitable clinic / hospital or
isolated place as deemed fit.
- Formation of association of students on the basis of
regions, caste, creed or any other group is not permitted and will
be dealt with stern actions leading up to the expulsion from
- Room furniture and electric fittings / fixtures are
required to be maintained by the inmates in good condition. At the
time of allotment of room and leaving the hostel for the summer
vacation, every student must take-over and hand-over,
respectively, the hostel property carefully. Students should
invariably vacate Omkara1 premises during the period of summer
- In case of damage to any part of Omkara1 building,
furniture, apparatus or other property, caused by the inmates, the
loss shall be recovered from the student identified as responsible
for such damage. However, if the persons causing damage cannot be
identified, the cost of repairing the same as may be assessed will
be distributed equally amongst all the inmates or group of inmates
found responsible for the damage.
- Every inmate must join the mess attached to Omkara1.
Individual cooking is not permitted. The students are not allowed
to cook anything in their rooms.
- Ragging in any form is a cognizable offence and severely
punishable as per the Supreme Court directives leading to
expulsion from Omkara1 and the disciplinary action may culminate
in her expulsion from the concerned Institute as well. The hostel
administration may report incidents of ragging to the Police for
taking appropriate action under the laws of the land.
- Students should report any kind of sickness to the
Administrator / Warden / In-Charge. In case of any Medical
Emergency, The Medical Officer can be made available on request.
The routine Medical Officer will be available on weekly basis
(each Sunday between 9AM to 12NOON). Only Medication will be
charged for these routine Medical visits.
- In case of need for hospitalization / medical emergency,
student should inform her parents / guardian. Parents / guardian
are required to communicate with the Administrator / Warden /
In-Charge in this regard.
- Penalty for violation of Omkara1 accommodation rules will
be decided by Omkara1 authorities considering the severity of the
offense / violation of rules / act of indiscipline etc. Fine/
penalty amount may be deducted from Omkara1 deposit. If cumulative
fine exceeds Rs.1,500/- per academic year, she will not be
considered in merit for the next Omkara1 admission.
- Guests are not permitted to stay overnight in the room of
the students. The student must get permission for keeping her
guest in the guest room from the Administrator / Warden /
In-Charge. A boarder keeping a guest without permission is liable
to be fined and other stern actions leading up to the expulsion
- Students are prohibited from giving shelter to any other
student / outsider in the rooms. In case of any unauthorized
shelter, the student will be liable to disciplinary action as
mentioned in point # 21 above.
- Resident students are not permitted to invite any outside
person to address any meeting in Omkara1 premises without written
permission of the Administrator / Warden / In-Charge.
- Light must be switched off when not in use. The use of TV,
VCR, DVD player, room heater, iron, oven, electric heater,
emersion rod, induction cooktops and other similar appliances is
strictly prohibited. Boarders are warned against tampering with
electric installation & for all electric repairs the
electrician should be called in with the help from the
Administrator / Warden / In-Charge.
- Students, in their own interest, are advised not to keep
excess cash or any valuables in their Omkara1 rooms. They are
cautioned to be very careful about safety of their belongings.
They are advised to keep their rooms properly locked, when they
leave the room even for short periods or when they are sleeping.
Omkara1 authority shall not be responsible for the loss of any
such items due to theft or otherwise. However, in the case of
theft, the matter should be immediately reported to the concerned
Administrator / Warden / In-Charge and Chief Security Officer
(CSO) of the Institute.
- Students are prohibited from consuming alcoholic drinks,
drugs, cigarettes, tobacco products or any other intoxicants
inside Omkara1 premises or to enter the Omkara1 after consumption
of same. Any student found consuming such thing or in a drunken
state within the premises will render herself liable for strict
disciplinary action, including expulsion/rustication from Omkara1.
- Students are prohibited from screening / keeping obscene
literature / video films in their possession. Any violation in
this regard will result in disciplinary action.
- Pasting of posters, writings, wall chalking, drilling,
slogans of any kind or defacing Omkara1 property in any fashion is
- The Omkara1 management reserves the right to make spot
checks in any rooms without having to give prior notice to the
- Visitors including parents are allowed only into the
visitor area of the Omkara1 during the Visiting hours as follow:
Weekend (Saturday, Sunday) and holidays- 7:30 am to 8:00 pm
- Non- Omkara1 students are prohibited within Omkara1
without the permission of Administrator / Warden / In-Charge. The
student who violates this is answerable to the Warden.
- The students are required to pay their rentals in advance.
The rental is paid on a yearly basis and must be paid at least 15
days before the beginning of each year.
- The students are not permitted to change rooms or sleep anywhere other than in their own allotted room / bed.
- Any student, who finds her room-mate missing for more than 24 hours, must report to the Administrator / Warden / In-Charge immediately. This is to enable the authorities to take immediate action if any untoward incident had taken place. Your cooperation is very much appreciated.
- The students should return to Omkara1 by the stipulated time. Occasionally, if any student expects to be late (not beyond 10:00 PM), he / she should obtain a late night pass from the Administrator / Warden / In-Charge in advance before 6:00 PM and this pass must be produced to the security guard on returning to Omkara.
- In case of any emergency, please contact the Administrator / Warden / In-Charge without any delay.
- Omkara Administration reserves the right to alter the rentals / other charges by giving prior notice.
- Omkara1 management reserves the right to revise the rules and regulations from time to time and will keep the inmates informed of any changes in the form of notices on the notice boards. Ignorance of rules will not be accepted as an excuse.
- Any complaints, suggestions or enquiries are always welcome.